Thursday, June 25, 2009

2008-10-20 - Dirty Zine

Words: Craig Sharp
Photo: Tamsin Morrall


1. What’s the most over-the-top thing anyone’s said about your music?
There was someone who was trying to describe the record [Skeletal Lamping] and they said, one of the things they said the album contained was, "infuriating patches of dub". Which I think is pretty absurd...

2. Favourite films?
I really like this movie called 'King of Hearts'. All these people leave this city, and they're getting invaded by the Germans. They just leave the people from the insane asylum and the people from the insane asylum leave the insane asylum and enter into the city and they all get to like live out their fantasies. Like this one guy wants to be a baker, so he goes into the bakery and puts on the baker's clothes. So then when the Nazis come, they find the city and have this totally crazy thing going on [laughs]. It's quite a sweet story.

3. Top 5 albums?
I'll just say five off the top of my head... Sly & The Family Stone - 'There's a Riot Goin' On', The Beatles - 'White Album', The Kinks - 'The Kinks Are the Village Green Preservation Society', The Pretty Things - 'S.F. Sorrow' and... Iggy Pop - 'Lust for Life'.

4. Most scary thing to happen at a gig?
One time, my bass player was crowd-surfing and he fell on his head and passed out.

5. If you weren’t in a band, what would you be doing?
I'd be a sportscaster. Yeah, I like sports.

6. If you had to come up with your own question, what would it be? (This is basically a chance for you to say whatever you want as an answer)??
Can I make this completely absurd? Okay, the question is: 'Why do you John Wayne John Ritter?' and my answer is: 'dondo sub-flesh, transgender, and... taco-matter'.

No comments:

Post a Comment